Re: SV: Gnome 2.0 antialiased fonts

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 03:20:40PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Sven LUTHER <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:
>
> > On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 03:01:16PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Quotting /etc/gdm/factory-gdm.conf or /etc/gdm/gdm.conf :
>
> > Mmm, should have read that :((
>
> > # File which contains the locale we show to the user.  Likely you want to use
> > # the one shipped with gdm and edit it.  It is not a standard locale.alias file,
> > # although gdm will be able to read a standard locale.alias file as well.
> > LocaleFile=/etc/locale.alias
>
> > Mmm, same here, and /etc/locale.alias has all the locales in it :

> > français        fr_FR.ISO-8859-1
> > french          fr_FR.ISO-8859-1
> > galego          gl_ES.ISO-8859-1
>
> > So they should appear also in the menu of gdm2, should they not ? But i
> > only get empty submenus.
>
> Quotting /usr/share/doc/gdm2/NEWS.gz :
>
> - The locale.alias file now can have a list of locales to try for
>   each language.  We also don't list locales that don't work.  This
>   way by default we can use the .utf8 locales if they exist.
>
> Then if /usr/lib/locale is empty no locale are displayed.

This one is empty, and i suppose this is the cause.

Now, why did the locales packages not fill it, when i remember well
having answered the questions about which locales to build, and back in
june it did generate these locales each time i upgrades the locales
packages.

Anyway, sorry for the disturbance and thanks for your help in fixing
this.

BTW, the ooqstart-gnome package is only working for gnome 1, not gnome2,
and upstream doesn't seem to have time for it right now. Is it much work
to adapt a smallish gnome 1 applet to gnome 2 ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther