Re: SV: Gnome 2.0 antialiased fonts

Le mercredi 09 octobre, à  15h20 Christian Marillat a ecrit :

> Sven LUTHER <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:
>
> > On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 03:01:16PM +0200, Christian Marillat
> > wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Quotting /etc/gdm/factory-gdm.conf or /etc/gdm/gdm.conf :
>
> > Mmm, should have read that :((
>
> > # File which contains the locale we show to the user.  Likely
> > you want to use# the one shipped with gdm and edit it.  It is
> > not a standard locale.alias file,# although gdm will be able
> > to read a standard locale.alias file as well.
> > LocaleFile=/etc/locale.alias
>
> > Mmm, same here, and /etc/locale.alias has all the locales in
> > it :

> > français        fr_FR.ISO-8859-1
> > french          fr_FR.ISO-8859-1
> > galego          gl_ES.ISO-8859-1
>
> > So they should appear also in the menu of gdm2, should they
> > not ? But i only get empty submenus.
>
> Quotting /usr/share/doc/gdm2/NEWS.gz :
>
> - The locale.alias file now can have a list of locales to try
> for
>   each language.  We also don't list locales that don't work.
>   This way by default we can use the .utf8 locales if they
>   exist.
>
> Then if /usr/lib/locale is empty no locale are displayed.
>
> Christian

Locales have to exist AND to have an alias to be present in this
menu, for exemple if fr_FR.ISO-8859-15 is generated but that
french is an alias for fr_FR.ISO-8859-1, none appear

generated locales are in /etc/locale.gen
(rerun locale-gen once it contain what you want)
and aliasses are in /etc/locale.alias :)

Hope it's clear enough

--
aurelien