Re: SV: Gnome 2.0 antialiased fonts

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 03:01:16PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Sven LUTHER <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:
>
> > On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 01:12:24PM +0200, Mattias Eriksson wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Mmm, no i don't think so. On my home box many languages are shown (well
> > all of them i guess), and on my work box, none is shown. In box cases, i
> > asked for en and fr_FR locales (we peak about the locales package coming
> > with libc, right). But i will try you idea anyway, to see what happens.
> > Mmm, now i remember, that on my home box, i had a choice between french
> > and english in the second item of the language menu, but there still
> > where all the languages below.
>
> Quotting /etc/gdm/factory-gdm.conf or /etc/gdm/gdm.conf :

Mmm, should have read that :((

> # File which contains the locale we show to the user.  Likely you want to use
> # the one shipped with gdm and edit it.  It is not a standard locale.alias file,
> # although gdm will be able to read a standard locale.alias file as well.
> LocaleFile=/etc/locale.alias

Mmm, same here, and /etc/locale.alias has all the locales in it :

français        fr_FR.ISO-8859-1
french          fr_FR.ISO-8859-1
galego          gl_ES.ISO-8859-1

So they should appear also in the menu of gdm2, should they not ? But i
only get empty submenus.

Friendly,

Sven Luther