Re: Gnome 2.0 antialiased fonts (got it working)

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 10:54:52PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 03:06:26PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> > Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:
> >
> > > On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 02:53:38PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > This work correctly for others users, then I think you only have a
> > > configuration problem.
> >
> > > Funny, ...
> >
> > > I think more probably that the current gnome2 package are still buggy,
> > > or maybe that they forgot to remove some buggy things of old packages,
> >
> > This is impossible because G2 use gconf when G1 use text configuration
> > files in ~/.gnome
> >
> > > as i only did install gnome2 from experimental (by hand over a slow
> > > modem line) some weeks ago, and upgraded with my brand new adsl
> > > connection yesterday, and did nothing else.
> >
> > > Where would the configuration problem come from, and how do i diagnose
> > > it ?
> >
> > Restart from the beginning. Logout, from a console remove the ~/.gconf
> > directory and login again.
>
> Did that (well i moved it from .gconf to gconf.gconf), but it does not
> change things. Only a reboot will help.

Mmm, it definitively is a font preference bug, i just changed the fonts
(and not the size) as was suggested, and all worked well. When i tried
to change the fonts a second time, gnome2 froze (well, X is still
working, and nautilus also, but the gnome panel is dead, and when i
switch to console and back, all gnome panels as well as the gnome font
preference dialog are grey, and only a reboot does help.

Is there any more i can do to help isolate the problem ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther