Re: Gnome 2.0 antialiased fonts (got it working)

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 08:31:23AM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 02:24, Sven LUTHER wrote:
>
> [...]
> > let's just change the font setting. I got to the preference, (the menu
> > entries were still there, how nice) choose the font item, and got to
> > change the size of the fonts. But in the process of doing this, the
> > fonts selction applet hang, and i had to go out of X and kill gnome
> > (well i /etc/init.d/gdm restart), and since then, no more gnome.
>
> Try using gconftool-2 to reset the font.  Something like:
> gconftool-2 -s /desktop/gnome/interface/font_name -t string 'Sans 12'

Well, i did restart the box and gnome was there again, but the font
selection preference has a tendency to freeze gnome. Is there a reason
for this, should i fill a bug report or investigate more ?

Maybe i should do a full reinstall of my system, once the gnome2
situation has cleared itself.

Friendly,

Sven Luther