Re: GNOME 1 ABI involving libpng

On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 08:31, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:

> Indeed we're not. The only packages which need to be changed are those that
> we as Debian developers (primarily meaning Christian as the maintainer of
> the GNOME1 core) feel ought to be buildable on systems that also need
> to have libpng3-dev installed. If you look at the patch, libpng2-dev is
> left unchanged and is still as (un)usable as it is now.

Ok, I think I see what you're doing.  I'm not sure I really understand
the value of it, but it can't hurt.

After we've fixed GTK+ 2, this appears it will only be useful in the
small case of when you want to build the Debian packages of e.g.
gnome-core (version 1) and e.g. celestia on the same machine.  You still
can't build upstream GNOME 1 packages though, because you'll have
libpng3-dev installed.  Not that there's any way we can fix that.