Re: GNOME 1 ABI involving libpng

On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 17:05, Ryan Murray wrote:

> The GNOME 2 transition "plan" seems to
> be to ship with only GNOME 2 (binaries at least, the libs from 1 may still
> be around for some applications that aren't ported to GNOME 2 by release)
> in sarge, and if that's the case, we have no reason to break the ABI before
> the release.

That may be a bit ambitious, unfortunately (well, depending on the sarge
release schedule, of course).  I can think of a number of applications
whose upstream hasn't started porting to GNOME 2 yet; e.g. gcombust,
evolution, gabber...

It would be great if Debian helped out with porting them, of course.