Re: Gnome settings daemon error

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 07:20:41PM -0700, Emil Soleyman-Zomalan wrote:
> I have Gnome 2 correctly installed according to the directions given at
> http://www.hadess.net/idoru.php3
>
> The problem(s) I've been running into have been a little weird. When
> logging into Gnome their is an error dialog that pops up and says "Gnome
> settings daemon has spawned too many times, it will be restarted the
> next time...". Then the panel and the rest of the desktop segfault
> leaving me with a border-less Nautilus window and Nautilus icons on the
> desktop.
>
> Moreover, the console re-iterates over and over again that there is a
> FamOpen failed, FAMErrno=0 even though fam is installed. I have tried to
> execute famd in the background before starting X but the above problem
> still appears.

Mmm, i have this problem also, (the setting error message), altough
gnome2 runs fine afterward.

Sometimes, i also get the impression nautilus2 hangs, i get a message
about lists or something such, and the background is the same color as
the panels, but otherwise it works fine. I will note the exact error
message when i do.

Friendly,

Sven Luther