Re: G2D problem with window managers

On Mon, 2002-08-05 at 22:53, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Colin Walters <walters@debian.org> writes:
>
> > On Thu, 2002-08-01 at 08:43, Julien Portalier wrote:
>
> > The problem is with the window manager. I though the default window
> > manager used by G2D was sawfish (G2D version) or metacity. But it's
> > apparently not the case ! The default launched one is... twm !
>
> > I think the solution to this problem is simply to make metacity have a
> > higher alternatives priority than twm (and most other window managers).
>
> FYI this priority is defined by the Policy. You can't increase this
> priority for your convenience.

Well, the policy is in the case "every wm is equal, and it's up to the
user to make a choice". In this case, only a handful of window managers
support the necessary hints to be usable with G2. That's Metacity,
Sawfish and Keramik (? the KDE wm).

If that ends up with the user's desktop being impossible to use, I think
it makes sense to make these WM have higher priority. That, or create a
new alternatives for these WMs.

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net