Re: mix gnome1 and gnome2?

<quote who="Stefan M?rkl">

> So:
> - what coexists?

The two GNOME developer platforms are parallel installable.

> - can I have for example 1 G1-panel and 1 G2-panel at the same time?

The desktop components are not designed to be parallel installable, however,
if you try, they can be. I suggest that you don't.

> - Being a relatively new debian-user (approx. 1 year) and with just a bit
> of coding experience, how can I help? I've started writing bug reports, am
> regularly compiling packages myself instead of installing the precompiled
> ones and would like to be of service.

The maintainers are probably tackling most of their own issues with the
packages at the moment; just getting them built, working and tidied up.

Unless you get other suggestions, I'd recommend that you keep building GNOME
2.0 from sources, and reporting bugs at bugzilla.gnome.org.

(You might want to try GARNOME: <http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/garnome/>)

- Jeff

--
       "Microsoft treats security vulnerabilities as public relations
                        problems." - Bruce Schneier