Re: gnome-pilot testing

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 03:15:31PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> WARNING: Do not let *any* GNOME 2.0 platform packages fall through to woody.
> Put important bugs on them or something, "GNOME 2.0 crack should not go in
> woody".

ORBit2 is useful on its own.  If you want to hold back gnome-core and
everything that depends on it, that's fine, but I would really like to
see ORBit2 go into woody.  Upstream recommends it over orbit-stable
for non-gnome-related work.

Note that this implies that glib1.3 (and/or 2.0) and linc and libIDL
need to go in as well.

> sid should be the only playground for GNOME 2.0 crack. :)

This seems to be a break with long-standing Debian tradition -- we
have offered extremely beta (even alpha) code in the past in our
releases, albeit always marked as such.  I won't object to this idea,
but I would like to get some feedback from the user community before
excluding them this way.

--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single