Re: gnome-pilot testing

CW> skipped: glib1.3 (0) (126+11)
CW>     got: 42+0: a-42
CW>     * alpha: libatk-dbg, libatk-dev, libatk7, libfribidi-dev,
CW>       libfribidi0, libgtk1.3-11, libgtk1.3-common, libgtk1.3-dbg,
CW>       libgtk1.3-dev, liblinc-dev, liblinc0, liborbit2, liborbit2-dbg,
CW>       liborbit2-dev, libpango-common, libpango-dbg, libpango-dev,
CW>       libpango0.22, libwnck-1, libwnck-dev, libzvt2-0, libzvt2-dev,
CW>       orbit2

CW> In other words, on the first architecture the testing script looked at
CW> it found that upgrading glib1.3 would render the listed packages
CW> uninstallable, so it didn't upgrade it. A brief glance at the
CW> dependencies of the versions of each of these packages in testing (for
CW> instance, libatk7 depends on libglib1.3-11) suggests to me that they all
CW> have to be upgraded simultaneously, which means they all have to be
CW> candidates for testing simultaneously, etc.

Well, GTK+ families(glib1.3, atk, pango, gtk+1.3)'s shared
library packages is changed the package name, because has
changed soname. in this case, when other packages which
depends on new GTK+ families get 'valid candidate', those
packages will be installed, right?
I wondered why listed packages of old GTK+ families.

Regards,
--
Akira TAGOH  : tagoh@gnome.gr.jp  / Japan GNOME Users Group
at@gclab.org : tagoh@gnome-db.org / GNOME-DB Project