Re: problem with gnome2

On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 20:01, Guillaume GOUSSET wrote:
> hello
>
> I am under linux debian unstable and have a problem with the start of
> gnome 2 sine my upgrade from gnome 1.4 to gnome 2.
>
> When i start gnome my screen freeze at the gnome start page, and even
> Xfree86 is freezed, however kde 2 start well.
>
> Do you know this problem ?

Yes, this is the bonobo-activation bug people are talking about on this
list...

> is ther any solution ?

Hmmm, well ... downgrade to the old gnome packages (see the "Getting
your Gnome2 system back" thread on this list).

hth, Stefan

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?