Re: GNOME 2.1.2 packages in sid

<quote who="Robert McQueen">

> Jeff Waugh (the GNOME2 release manager, *not* some stupid troll)

Yay! I'm going to put that on my business card!

> said *explicitly* not to upload *any* versions from GNOME 2.1 into sid.

Only because they're unstable development releases, and I'd assume that you
guys were more interested in getting the stable releases rock solid first. I
don't think I'd even recommend that it go in sid until it reaches 2.2.

> I think this primarily applies to the core components (desktop & libs),
> rather than applications, so a possible exception could be made for things
> which are now stable but weren't included in gnome2.0's original release.
> I don't know if acme satisfies this, and eog could also be considered.

acme was not in the 2.0.x Desktop release, so can be considered a third
party app (it happens to be on the final list of modules for 2.2 now, too).

eog was in the 2.0.x Desktop release (and has important things above it,
such as Nautilus), so it's probably best to stick to the 2.0.x versions for
now.

- Jeff

--
   "People who paid for bug fixes in the 3c501 driver also bought MacIIfx
                      support contracts..." - Alan Cox