Re: GNOME 2.1.2 packages in sid

On Sat, 2002-11-23 at 11:36, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-11-23 at 15:55, Jack Howarth wrote:
> > The following packages from GNOME 2.1.2 are in sid and need to
> > be regressed or removed from sid.
> >
> > ORBit2 2.5.0
> > acme 1.99.9 (doesn't exist in 2.0.2 so should be removed)
>
> Huh ? It's a third party app. Of course it's not in the desktop release.
> And it doesn't depend on any bit of GNOME 2.1.x.
>
> > bonobo-activation 2.1.0
> > eog 1.1.x (gnome 2.0.2 has 1.0.3)
> > gnome-games 2.1.0
> > gnome-media 2.1.0
> > gnome-terminal 2.1.0
> > libbonobo 2.1.0
> > libbonoboui 2.1.0
> > libgtkhtml 2.1.2

Yes there are some apps that are not included in the release that can
still be used in sid's gnome. what matters is the core libs that
interact with each other. That is why b-a caused the breakage. Also if
you look at the core desktop setup acme isnt in 2.0.2 but gnome-media,
gnome-games, and gnome--term. are. Those all _should_ be the 2.0.2
version and not 2.1. eog as far as I know is not part of the offical
gnome2 distro and therefore can be included unless it explicitly states
it needs post 2.0.2. Just my 2 cents.

--
Sean Harshbarger