Re: Some things stopping me from upgrading to Gnome2

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 09:12:59AM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 01:26, Magnus Therning wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just upgraded to Gnome2 on my toy system at home, and I found some
> > things that currently prevents me from upgrading my real system to
> > Gnome2:
> >
> >  - I am terribly short of preferneces in Nautilus (and the menu).
>
> First, are you sure you're using nautilus2?

Yes.

 $ dpkg -l|grep nautilus
 ii  libnautilus2-2 2.0.7-1        Shared libraries that part of Nautilus (GNOM
 ii  nautilus2      2.0.7-1        File manager and graphical shell (GNOME2)
 ii  nautilus2-data 2.0.7-1        Development files of Nautilus (GNOME2)

> >  - At start it displays an error dialog with the following text:
> >      The Settings Daemon restarted too many times.
>
> Do you have gnome-control-center installed?

Yes.

 $ dpkg -l|grep gnome-control
 ii  gnome-control- 1.4.0.5-3      The Gnome Control Center

/M

--
Magnus Therning (magus@lysator.liu.se)