Re: pb gnome2 upgrade from experimental to sid

christophe barbe <christophe@cattlegrid.net> writes:

> The gnome-terminal problem is related to the font one. It just doesn't
> fail nicely when it doesn't find the font.
>
> What is special about gnome2 in the handling of fonts. In the font
> preferences I see only 6 fonts which are realy only two a serif one and
> the 'cursor' one. The other 4 fonts get me the serif one.
>
> During my gnome2 upgrade (from exp to sid), mstcorefonts was upgraded
> but since mozilla see the microsoft fonts I believe the problem is not
> there.

Possibly msttcorefonts left behind garbage in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType? (Look if fonts.dir lists fonts that
are no longer present in that directory) If yes, try removing this
dir from XF86Config-4 and make shure that
/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType is included
in XF86Config-4 and XftConfig

Johannes