Re: [desktop] Please read the vFolder spec [Was: why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks]

On 10/24/2002 11:10 PM, Jeff Waugh at jdub@perkypants.org wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I think this thread could do with a good helping of spec-reading. :-)
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/VFolderDesktops.txt
>
> You can do almost all of this with the vFolder spec, and the best thing is
> that you will have to do very little work to it them working in GNOME and
> KDE because they will both support the spec. So whatever the .desktop files
> that Debian packages install say, GNOME and KDE will do.

Good tip Jeff,

I had already initiated contact with the freedesktop.org folks about
standards, but not directly relating to what you proposed.  I'll dig into
that spec though, just to get myself fully aware.

Meanwhile, I assume that Chris Lawrence's menu rewrite will be fully VFolder
compliant.

Cheers,
Luke Seubert