Re: GNOME2 again (Re: Debian Weekly News - September 17th, 2002)

<quote who="Marcelo E. Magallon">

>  Do you have any specific package in mind:

[ Not the original poster, but I have some comments. :-) ]

If anything should be removed, it would be the desktop components, not the
'third party' stuff, so:

> Package: bug-buddy
> Package: gedit
> Package: gnome-about
> Package: gnome-system-monitor
> Package: gnome-terminal
> Package: libnautilus2-2
> Package: nautilus2 <- or this?
> Package: nautilus2-gtkhtml <- and this, I'd guess...

(It's not part of the Desktop release, but given that it depends on
Nautilus2, yeah.)

> Package: rep-gtk-gnome
> Package: yelp

rep-gtk-gnome and sawfish should probably be removed too, though they're
kind of peripherally GNOMEy, so don't matter *quite* as much.

The developer platform libraries should all stay in, and can probably shift
to testing as well.

Note that this isn't as critical as it was a few months ago, but it would
make life a lot easier as the experimental stuff stabilises, etc.

- Jeff

--
   "In the pre-Internet age, I was like an Internet kid, with a 3D search
             engine, trying to find weird stuff." - John Safran