Re: G2D in unstable: a user's perspective

Le Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 05:56:14PM +0200, Rémi Letot écrivait:
> Samba is a server software, gnome is a desktop suite.

And I run Samba on my desktop machine because I share my printer with my
father ... your point is moot.

> Reread the social contract : one of the reasons for debian is the
> users. You make the decisions, but you make those packages for users.

Yes. We believe that Gnome 2 will be the better than Gnome 1.4
by the time sarge releases, that's why we want to work towards that by
packaging Gnome 2 as soon as possible and making it as good as possible for
our users. For that, we need to have G2D in unstable.

And users who don't want Gnome2 can downgrade to testing. If they want
to continue using sid, they might even be able to by marking "on hold"
the Gnome packages.

Cheers,