Re: G2D in unstable: a user's perspective

peloy@debian.org writes:

> Hi guys,

Hi,

<couic>

> We uploaded a CVS version of Samba pre-3.0 to unstable and lots of
> things broke,

Samba is a server software, gnome is a desktop suite.

Running unstable on a server is quite risky from the
beginning. Running unstable on a desktop is a completely different
story, easier and less risky for anyone (at least until now...)

> but if someone comes to me complaining I will tell him/her that we
> maintain the packages and we make the decisions (as Joe said),

Reread the social contract : one of the reasons for debian is the
users. You make the decisions, but you make those packages for users.

Now you are right, you are the one ultimately making decisions. But
please take into account your users, you will ease the transition for
everyone.

--
Rémi Letot