Re: Gnome 2 summary 29/07/2002

On 30 Jul 2002, Joe Drew wrote:

> From: Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net>
> Subject: Re: Gnome 2 summary 29/07/2002
>
> On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 20:03, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > could it then be enabled please? :-) I use a lot gdialog to open
> > different apps in gnome-terminal (a SSH session which shows a dialog for
> > asking for user@host, etc).
>
> I specifically disabled it because of what I write below:
>
> > Is there any reason in upstream for having this as a configure option
> > and not enabled by defsault?
>
> >From the gnome-utils README:
> * NOTE: Not built by default as the Gtk+ port is incomplete and needs
> much attention. We would dearly love to bring this back building -
> please help us fix it.

You're being inconsistent. On one side you claim gnome2 should be in un-
stable for testing, and on the other side you say broken apps should not
be inthe packages (even though they could be tested then).
After all, this _is_ unstable, not for general consumption, and users
running unstable know what they're up to. Right?

Regards,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny