Re: Gnome 2 summary 29/07/2002

Le Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 06:38:07PM -0400, Joe Drew écrivait:
> > file-roller1 integrates in a Gnome1 desktop (themes, UI settings, etc.),
> > file-roller2 doesn't.
>
> Bad reason when we're switching to GNOME 2 as "the" gnome for unstable..

> I hope once the core of GNOME 2.0.1 is released to unstable by Christian
> in August you'll remove file-roller2 and supplant file-roller with
> file-roller 2.

Bastien, you didn't respond to that. I hope you agree with that.

Once the core of Gnome2 is uploaded to unstable, "file-roller" should
work with Gnome2.

You can continue to maintain the file-roller package for Gnome 1.4 by
uploading any update to "testing-proposed-updates" since testing is the
distribution that will have Gnome1.4 until Gnome2 is completely ready
for everyone ...

At the present time I don't see the need to upload *2 packages to
unstable since Gnome2 will enter unstable (replacing Gnome1.4 in
unstable) in less than 10 days if Gnome upstream are respecting their
schedule.

Cheers,