Re: Gnome 2 summary 29/07/2002

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 16:27, Joe Drew wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 19:08, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> > > [...] we're switching to GNOME 2 as "the" gnome for unstable..
> >
> > Why do you want to make this decision for everyone else in Debian?
> > What is with you people?
>
> We maintain the packages, we make the decisions.

Just my $0.02.

Christian, Joe, Bastien[1], and all the others getting Gnome2 going for
us users: Thanks for all the good work you're doing. Your decisions have
created what I find to be a usable, pleasant working environment.

I run unstable/experimental as my primary desktop, and, from where I
sit, Gnome2 is working well. Sure, I have to work through the rough
spots, but after pam screwing my system a while back (the first week or
so I ran unstable, and boy, was that a learning experience) they're just
bumps in the road :)

[1] Just the names I know from reading this list. I really appreciate
the work of every debian developer. I even considered applying until I
realized just what it takes, and was humbled.