Re: gnome ternminal 2 and accented letters

Em 23 Jul 2002 18:16:05 +0200, Alexis Sukrieh <alexis@sukria.net> escreveu:

> There is a problem with some french and canadian keymap in gnome
> terminal 2.
> Indeed, those languages have some accented characters such as 'ô' or
> 'é'... and that king of letters are made by typing succesively the
> accent key and then the letter where the accent goes. Doing that combo
> in gnome terminal2 made an ugly result : ^o instead of ô
>
> Does anyone knows how to solve that kind of problem ?

It seems to work with the new terminal widget (vte)... Christian
just ITP'ed it, so I think we should just wait... I cannot input
'ç' nor '"' on any Gtk2 app yet, though -- already reported.

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian: <http://www.debian.org> * <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>