Re: Gnome2 for woody

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 18:24, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Le Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 09:18:56PM +0200, Julien Portalier écrivait:
> > I do not see any real problem that would need to continue leaving gnome2
> > lost in experimental. Why not having both versions in unstable ?
>
> Because it's unnecessary work, and because it's an unneeded pain for most
> applications.
>
> People who choose Gnome 1.4 won't be happy when Gnumeric will be
> compiled with Gnome 2 libs ... and so on.

Eh?  We can just keep the "2" suffix on packages, and there will be no
conflict.  gnumeric for GNOME 2 would be packaged as "gnumeric2", etc.

The only legitimate reason I can see to keep GNOME 2 in experimental is
so we can have our transition scripts tested against all the users
running unstable when we do the mass-movement from experimental to
unstable.

I personally though am frustrated with experimental, because it's not
autobuilt.