Re: gnome session low to open

Le ven 05/07/2002 à 13:29, Rached Ben Mustapha a écrit :
> > Hello there :)
>
> Hello :)

hehe :) nice to see you there !

> [snip]
>
> > I found gnome-session 2 really slow to open a session.
>
> You can look if gnome-session issues a message telling that
> /tmp/.ICE-unix/ should be owned by root. It happens to sleep for a few
> seconds or so.

nothing like that....

> > I use metacity as windowmanager and I really don't find where this
> > problem comes from...
>
> If it gets stuck when launching the window manager, you could
> update-alternatives to have x-window-manager set to metacity, and look
> at the window manager registered in your gnome-session-properties.

Well, I've already set x-window-manager to metacity and gnome-session is
not getting slow when loading the windowmanager but just after.

Anyway, I've noticed that as soon as I save my session setup (when
exiting gnome2) that poblem disapear : gnome 2 is now getting fast when
opening a session.

I think it's a kind of problem of default properties...

> Hope this helps ...

Yes it is : really happy to chat with you there (and in this smart
language, furthermore !)

> Rached

Alexis.