Re: GNOME-2 transition: necessary?

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 12:06:17PM -0400, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> In short, I am arguing that Gnome 1 and Gnome 2 should both remain in
> Debian indefinitely.

Yes, Debian definitely needs to indefinitely support obsolete bloated crap
which everyone else would be rid of as soon as possible.

Alongside Gnome2, Gnome1 is most certainly bloat.  It's also basically not
supported upstream much anymore.  Do you want to maintain Gnome and fix
all of the bugs people find in it indefinitely?

I've found Gnome2 to have less demand for high-end hardware than Gnome1.
At least I cannot actually time latency without a stopwatch anymore.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>            No conceit in my family

<DannyS> Hit the monkey to win $20(*)!
* knghtbrd gets out his mallet.
* knghtbrd plants it firmly on DannyS' head.
* knghtbrd will take his $20 now.  =D