Re: characters not displaying

Same thing with gnumeric -- when I type in the entry txtbox above the
table, umlauds are displayed correctly, but in the spreadsheet,
characters starting from the umlauds until the end of the string are
not displayed.

Some font setup problem?

mv

Robin Ericsson wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem which is both gtk/gnome 1 and 2 related.

My swedish characters are displayed properly, but not every time.

Example 1:
gnome-terminal version 2.0.0

I start nano, and enter some swedish character, and they are written to
the file, and I can see the cursor moving, but they are not displayed.

Example 2:
ickle version 0.3.1

When sending a message, the swedish characters are not displayed at all,
and no cursor movement, but there is a character, and I can delete it,
and is displayed later in the history.

Other applications like my Evolution works as it should.

Note: I'm running debian sid with some packages from experimental.
Note 2: This seems to affect all "high-bit" characters as § and other.

best regards
Robin