Re: gnome-vfs package uber broken on ppc

On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 12:42:10PM -0700, Chris Waters wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 03:56:31PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
>
> > This hack should be done against Makefile.in not against Makafile.am
> > [...]
>
> What I did under vaguely similar circumstances was patch both (.am and
> .in).  That way, if someone were using my patched sources, and
> happened to run automake, the fix wouldn't get lost.  And the .am
> patch served as a sort of documentation, and also as something I could
> submit upstream.

This hack really isn't the best "fix".  Fixing ltmain.sh is what should be
done instead (please bug the libtool maintainer about getting this fixed
in the debian package).  In the meantime, applying the patch in Debian bug
#98342 solves the problem at the source (libtool) rather than hacking around
it in the makefile...

--
Ryan Murray, Debian Developer (rmurray@cyberhqz.com, rmurray@debian.org)
The opinions expressed here are my own.