Re: eog2 trouble

On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 01:48:36AM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> Seems eog2 is borked somewhat.  Nautilus can't use it as an image viewer
> (but isn't very informative as to why.  Running it from the cmdline spews
> tons of "interesting" warnings and errors.
>
> I rebuild the package from source, no change from nautilus.  However, now
> when I try to open I file I get one warning only:
>
> ** (eog:23683): WARNING **: Failed to activate 'OAFIID:GNOME_EOG_Control
>

> I've heard rumblings about gnome-vfs problems, but the above looks more
> like a bonobo-activation issue to me.
>
> I normally use qiv for image viewing, a gdk-imlib thingy which ... has
> nothing even resembling a GUI.  If it'll take a few days to get eog2
> fixed, I can wait, but if someone knows what's wrong I wouldn't mind
> applying the fix to the package here.  I was hoping that it just needed a
> recompile and Davide wouldn't have much work to do for uploading a new
> package.

I have just uploaded 1.0.1-1, it works on command line pretty fine,
unluckily I don't have nautilus on this box, could you try it?
It's only me or eog2 seems still too unstable if compared to eog?

Best Regards,
--
Davide Puricelli, dpuricelli@tin.it
Debian Developer: evo@debian.org | http://www.debian.org