eog2 trouble

Seems eog2 is borked somewhat.  Nautilus can't use it as an image viewer
(but isn't very informative as to why.  Running it from the cmdline spews
tons of "interesting" warnings and errors.

I rebuild the package from source, no change from nautilus.  However, now
when I try to open I file I get one warning only:

** (eog:23683): WARNING **: Failed to activate 'OAFIID:GNOME_EOG_Control

I've heard rumblings about gnome-vfs problems, but the above looks more
like a bonobo-activation issue to me.

I normally use qiv for image viewing, a gdk-imlib thingy which ... has
nothing even resembling a GUI.  If it'll take a few days to get eog2
fixed, I can wait, but if someone knows what's wrong I wouldn't mind
applying the fix to the package here.  I was hoping that it just needed a
recompile and Davide wouldn't have much work to do for uploading a new
package.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>                    Not many fishes

<Mercury> Forest: Nah, I've been packaged myself, not all that plesent.
          (=:]
<knghtbrd> mercury - New logic/functional programming language
* knghtbrd wonders when Mercury became either logical or functional....