Re: uploading nautilus2 into main

Hello all,

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 12:43:20AM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> As I see it, there are two alternatives:
>
> 1) Keep both GNOME 1 and GNOME 2 for woody+1.  All the GNOME 1 packages
> keep their existing names (e.g. "nautilus", "galeon").  All the GNOME 2
> packages which have a namespace conflict with GNOME 1 have "2" appended.
>
> 2) Remove GNOME 1, and remove the "2" suffix from packages.
>
> Given how long woody+1 will likely take to release, I suggest we plan to
> drop GNOME 1.  We don't want to saddle GNOME upstream with having to
> deal with supporting GNOME 1.4 that far in the future.

I would like to hear oppinions about this.  And we should
make some plan.  Would we like to have both, GNOME 1 and GNOME 2,
in the archives over a longer period of time?

At the moment I would favour possibility 2) from above.
Because the two versions of GNOME cannot be installed in parallel
it would be a hassle to maintain e.g. gnome-utils and gnome-utils2
at the same time.

What do you think?

Jochen
--