Re: Gnome 2 summary 05/06/2002

On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 08:36:35PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> > A fully-configured sawfish should work as it did before, and your
> > .sawfishrc can cause sawfish-ui to show the hidden panes.
>
> Hum, I've lost some nice configuration options like cycle-focus-window
> (set i CVS and unset in my preference).

This had better go back in...  I don't care where they put it, but it is
essential to users with lots of windows, very big windows, or vision
problems.  I have all three.

Supposedly Gnome2 is big on accessability features - yet it seems they're
systematically removing everything that makes a desktop accessable to a
low-vision users.  First Pango can't see ... well, basically any 75dpi
fonts, including all of my very carefully selected very large fonts,
required for me to use X effectively.  The version of nautilus1.1 I'm
using (1.1.17-2) won't even use the configured desktop font.  As a result,
my desktop icon text is completely unreadable.  Now you tell me that
sawfish can't focus a window while cycling it anymore as well?  This is
not cool.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>         Hey, that's MY freak show!

<awkward> anyone around?