Re: Gnome 2 summary 05/06/2002

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 11:13:13AM +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > > Ah.  Well, I've personally been happy with nautilus1.1.  Nautilus 1.0 is
> > > far too slow for my limited patience...
> > >
> > > So maybe we could just stick nautilus1.1 in unstable.  That's a
> > > judgement call on the part of the nautilus1.1 maintainer; what do you
> > > think, Takuo?
> >
> > I'm certainly agreeable to this.  Nautilus has probably been one of the
> > most stable parts of Gnome2 I've used.
> >
> > Of course, the current revision (which I just installed today) seems to
> > have forgotten to read my desktop font from gconfd, but I'm not sure
> > what's up there.  Others are seeing the same problem, so I wonder...  This
> > problem seems unreproducable by those who need to produce it though, which
> > is annoying.  The notion that it is in fact using the font I told it to
> > has been raised, but I dismiss that as bull given that Verdana is not a
> > serif font, and I'd use nothing else for a small eye-friendly proportional
> > font.  =p
> >
> the same happens to me, and I've fixed it by having the font config
> applet start with the rest of gnome-session, and then everything works.
> It's not because of the font, since I've tried this with many fonts, and
> it works for, as soon as the font applet is run.
>
> So seems some bug in the code, not in your fonts.

Ahh, that means you really want gnome-settings-daemon in your session, and
it's probably not there.  Kill it, run it from the console, and make sure
it's in your session.  Then close things, save, logout, and note that
everything works again when you log back in.  This was doing the same to
me with themes.

But it seems not to have affected the fonts as far as Nautilus is
concerned.  =(

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>            No conceit in my family

* boren tosses matlab across the room and hopes it breaks into a number
  aproaching infinite peices