Re: Gnome 2 summary 05/06/2002

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 09:30:15PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > file-roller2 depends on nautilus1.1 which isn't in unstable. That's why
> > it's in experimental.
>
> Ah.  Well, I've personally been happy with nautilus1.1.  Nautilus 1.0 is
> far too slow for my limited patience...
>
> So maybe we could just stick nautilus1.1 in unstable.  That's a
> judgement call on the part of the nautilus1.1 maintainer; what do you
> think, Takuo?

I'm certainly agreeable to this.  Nautilus has probably been one of the
most stable parts of Gnome2 I've used.

Of course, the current revision (which I just installed today) seems to
have forgotten to read my desktop font from gconfd, but I'm not sure
what's up there.  Others are seeing the same problem, so I wonder...  This
problem seems unreproducable by those who need to produce it though, which
is annoying.  The notion that it is in fact using the font I told it to
has been raised, but I dismiss that as bull given that Verdana is not a
serif font, and I'd use nothing else for a small eye-friendly proportional
font.  =p

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>                Don't feed the sigs

* bma is a yank