Re: Nautilus 1.1.5-1

On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 23:59, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> I use nautilus cvs myself, but complaining about an alpha version not
> working, and not providing a better description of "Doesn't work" is a
> waste of the developers' time.

Well, maybe you could give some pointers then on how to provide this
information. Tell me what information you're looking for.. Btw: nautilus
1.1.5 is considered a beta version, not alpha :), it's in the just
released gnome2 beta ( ).

> Get more information about the bug, see if your problem might already
> have been fixed by checking Nautilus' Changelog in CVS, and then report
> the bug.

I'll do that.

> /Bastien Nocera, who fixes his Nautilus bugs himself

Well, not everyone is a genius like you. But you also scare off a lot of
potential developers/maintainers with this attitude. What's wrong with
'try this' or 'can you check this' instead of 'fuck off, it's alpha,
don't complain'. I think if no-one ever reported bugs, debian wouldn't
be as usable as it is nowadays.