Re: Gnome install

On Friday 30 November 2001 09:41, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> You probably aren't starting gnome-session to get gnome, but are instead
> starting WindowMaker  as a window manager.
>
> If you start gnome-session instead of a window-manager, it will start
> the window-maker for you.

In fact, I launch my gnome session through kdm with the "gnome" choice.
In fact, kdm executes the /etc/kde2/kdm/Xsession script with "gnome" as
argument $1. Inside this Xsession, the gnome section contains these lines
inside a switch:
==
    gnome)
       exec gnome-session
       ;;
==

It seems that gnome-session is actually launched !
So, I'm hitting my head on the wall but nothing change Doctor !

More seriously, do you know/have a page with a complete description of a
successful gnome installation on the debian woody ?

Thank you very much,
L. Jacques