Re: Gnome install

On Thursday 29 November 2001 11:21, Christian Marillat wrote:
> >> "LJ" == Laurent Jacques <ljacques@fyma.ucl.ac.be> writes:
> >
> > Hello,
>
> Hi,
>
> > I have a debian woody i386.
> > I have tried to install all the gnome stuff but it seems that it doesn't
> > work. Sawfish or Sawmill doesn't handle correctly the desktop (no icon
> > appears on desktop)?
>
> Sawfish don't provid desktop icon. Install gmc.

OK but I have gmc. So, what's wrong ?
Another thing, when I run the gnome configuration tool in the window manager
section, it tells me that sawfish is the current wm but it is windowmaker
which is actually running ?

So, I think that I have to reinstalled all.

Do you have a clear method to install all the gnome stuff from the beginning
with apt-get on a debian woody ?

Laurent