Re: Gnome install

On Fri, 2001-11-30 at 10:35, Laurent Jacques wrote:
> > Sawfish don't provid desktop icon. Install gmc.
>
> OK but I have gmc. So, what's wrong ?
> Another thing, when I run the gnome configuration tool in the window manager
> section, it tells me that sawfish is the current wm but it is windowmaker
> which is actually running ?
>
> So, I think that I have to reinstalled all.
>
> Do you have a clear method to install all the gnome stuff from the beginning
> with apt-get on a debian woody ?

You probably aren't starting gnome-session to get gnome, but are instead
starting WindowMaker  as a window manager.

If you start gnome-session instead of a window-manager, it will start
the window-maker for you.

Cheers,
					Andrew.
Andrew @ Catalyst .Net.NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St, Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/        PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)916-7201    MOB: +64(21)635-694    OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267