Re: CVS debian build scripts

Ian McKellar <yakk-debian-gtk-gnome@yakk.net.au> writes:
> is anyone else interested in these packages

Could you clarify what you mean?  If you're talking about building
from CVS, well, I, personally, am not particularly interested---I need
to be able to get work done, which means an at least nominally stable
desktop environment.

If you mean in the fate of the Debian packages (which have lagged
woefully far behind in the last few months), then yes, people are very
interested in these packages, and we're working hard to see that
Debian has gnome-1.0.50 very, very soon after it's released.

> has anyone else had trouble calling "dpkg --install" from within
> python?

<Insert obligatory perl monger's feelings about python here>

Mike.