Re: /etc/X11/window-managers

On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 02:55:03PM +0300, Rainer Dorsch wrote:

> > Gnome is not a window manager. I think i remember a enable-gnome option you
> > could choose somewhere, but don't remember exactly where. maybe in
> > /etc/X11/Xserver.
>
> KDE is also not a window manager! But it is within Debian easy to switch
> between kde and e.g. enlightment. But gnome is a desaster! Why not providing
> an gnome entry in /etc/X11/window-managers. Which window-manager comes up with
> gnome, could be in a gnome-specific configuration file or simply the wm which
> follows gnome in /etc/X11/windom-managers.

because KDE uses is own integrated window manager (called kwm or something)
	 while gnome is not window manager specific.

BUt thæt said, you are right, there should be a nice an simple way of enabling
gnome for debian. This way you should choose the windowmanager in the first
line of /etc/X11/window-managers and enable gnome or not, in some other file.

And if such a thing already exists, it should be well documented.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER