Re: /etc/X11/window-managers

> Gnome is not a window manager. I think i remember a enable-gnome option you
> could choose somewhere, but don't remember exactly where. maybe in
> /etc/X11/Xserver.

KDE is also not a window manager! But it is within Debian easy to switch
between kde and e.g. enlightment. But gnome is a desaster! Why not providing
an gnome entry in /etc/X11/window-managers. Which window-manager comes up with
gnome, could be in a gnome-specific configuration file or simply the wm which
follows gnome in /etc/X11/windom-managers.

I think it does not matter which solution you choose exactly, but it should be
simple, consistent with existing techniques and documented!

Thanks.

--
Rainer Dorsch
Abt. Rechnerarchitektur  e-mail:rainer.dorsch@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de