Re: Debian apps in GNOME menu

Steve Haslam <araqnid@debian.org> writes:
> My preference would be for Debian packages to use only the Debian menu
> system, and to reserve the GNOME "system menu" for things that come as
> part of gnome-core etc.

That seems reasonable, and I agree.  (As long as "etc." includes
various other Gnomish apps, as it seems to do at present.)  BUT....

> And to keep duplication between the two to a minimum.

The problem with that is that it's extremely annoying for people who
want to use GNOME apps, but not the panel.

The sensible thing here might be to exclude Gnomish apps from the
Debian menus *only* for GNOME.  That's a little tricky too, as someone
who is used to the Debian menus might be confused when some app isn't
found where he expects it.  But I still think it's the best
alternative to the current system.

(Or was that last already implemented and I missed it?  Been a few
weeks since I last tried panel....)

cheers