Re: Interest in packaging for Debian

Hi Mark

On Fri, 2023-03-03 at 17:35 +0200, Mark E. Fuller wrote:
> Any guidance on how to get started with submitting a deb package for
> review and inclusion is appreciated, as this is the part that is
> unclearest to me at present (is it really just as simple as
> https://people.debian.org/~stapelberg/2015/07/27/dh-make-golang.html ;
> ?).

On how to submit for review, it is a simple as uploading it to Salsa
and announcing it in here that it is good for review.

And yes, in terms of packaging, if you are lucky the `dh-make-golang`
tool will do a lot of packaging work for you. Keep in mind it is not
100% perfect and the package might still need some tweaking in
addition to filling in the gaps.

Welcome to Debian! Thanks for contributing!

Regards,

--
⢠⣤⣼⣧⣤⡄ Rock Storm
⣶⣿⠋⠙⣿⣶⠀https://github.com/rockstorm101