Re: Request to join Salsa group

Nilesh Patra <nilesh@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, Dec 29, 2023 at 04:09:17PM +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>> Nilesh Patra <nilesh-8fiUuRrzOP0dnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org> writes:
>>
>> > SGTM. Please rename the repository accordingly.
>>
>> Right.  I have pushed ssh3 here:
>>
>> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-francoismichel-ssh3
>
> Since this is supposed to be a binary package and not a library one, it should
> be renamed to just ssh3

Ouch, sorry about that -- I don't have access to rename the Salsa
project, can you do it for me?

>> I don't understand the CI/CD pipeline, it seems different from "normal"
>> Salsa pipeline.
>
> This is because (as you may have already noticed) go packages have tight
> versioning dependencies so this is to ensure things do not break.
>
> More rationale here:
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-go/2021/10/msg00032.html

Ah, great -- although the downside is that no real testing of Debian
packaging is done, or am I missing something?  Compare these two:

https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-golang-jwt-jwt-v5/-/pipelines/619212
https://salsa.debian.org/jas/jwt-v5/-/pipelines/619213

For now I'll push to my old place too, to get proper package builds and
testing of them (and APTLY publishing).

>> Until golang-github-golang-jwt-jwt-v5 and
>> golang-github-kevinburke-ssh-config >> 1.2.0 is in Debian, ssh3 need
>> extra APT pools for dependencies.  Is something like this possible in
>> the golang Salsa CI/CD?
>>
>> https://salsa.debian.org/jas/ssh3/-/blob/debian/sid/debian/salsa-ci.yml
>
> The CI is using:
>
> 	https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-francoismichel-ssh3/-/blob/debian/sid/debian/gitlab-ci.yml?ref_type=heads
>
> You can hack around it I guess.

I can't change the default CI/CD configuration file (I think
'maintainer' access is required in the Salsa group) but I'm happy to
push to two different places.

>> > The package name as per dh-make-golang should be "golang-github-golang-jwt-jwt"
>> > so probably the existing package should be updated to v5 and transitioned properly.
>> >
>> > But it is fine anyway to have a -v5 for now, similar to golang-github-russross-blackfriday-v2-dev
>> > and golang-github-russross-blackfriday-dev.
>>
>> This seems like a common pattern where multiple APIs are required to
>> co-exist, see
>> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/golang-github-coreos-go-oidc-v3
>> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/golang-github-coreos-go-oidc
>>
>> I have pushed jwt-v5 here:
>>
>> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-golang-jwt-jwt-v5
>>
>> Not sure I understand why "golang" is repeated but this matches the
>> existing golang-github-golang-jwt-jwt.
>
> It is a naming convention, based off import-path. You might want to give this
> section (or maybe the whole policy) a quick read
>
> 	https://go-team.pages.debian.net/packaging.html#_naming_conventions

Thanks!  I'm learning more about Go on the go it seems...

/Simon