Re: Access to Debian Go's Salsa group page

Hi again Sebastian,

Just to follow up on my earlier email:

 1. I have pushed my packaging tree to Salsa[1], including both the
    'upstream' and 'debian/sid' branches.

 2. I've reworked the package description so it's more in line with
    the ITP bug wording.  I think this is more specific to what is
    actually packaged.

    I've also removed go-l2tp.lintian-overrides file since the override
    is no longer required.

 3. I confirm that 'override_dh_auto_install' was autogenerated by the
    dh-make-golang tool (per Cyril's earlier remarks).

    FWIW, dh-make-golang's behaviour here seems to date back to 2018
    or so in the dh-make-golang git repo -- there's an issue there
    which describes the rationale[2].

    I had a quick look at some other "program" type packages (e.g.
    cgo, elvish) which have the same override, but it doesn't seem to
    be universally applied so far as I can make out, so I'm not sure
    what the best thing to do here is.

    Should I keep the override do you think?

Finally, I notice that lintian reports a couple of issues related to
binary hardening:

 * W: go-l2tp: hardening-no-pie [usr/bin/kl2tpd]
 * I: go-l2tp: hardening-no-bindnow [usr/bin/kl2tpd]

I'm not sure how to fix these in the context of the go toolchain.
Should I add lintian overrides for these, or somehow address them in
the build process?

Thanks again and best regards,
Tom

[1]. https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-katalix-go-l2tp