Re: Reintroducing src:toxiproxy for its -dev package

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 24, 2022 at 02:04:58AM +0000, Mathias Gibbens wrote:
>   I've been working on updating/packaging several golang packages (plus
> their own dependencies) that will be needed by new feature releases of
> LXD. I'm trying to keep ahead of the large changes in LXD's dependency
> tree so eventually when the 6.0 LTS lands (still quite a while out) it
> will be trivial to update the package in Debian.
>
>   One rabbit hole I've wandered down is needing to update golang-
> github-shopify-sarama, which has a dependency on
> github.com/Shopify/toxiproxy. That used to be packaged as toxiproxy,
> but was RM'ed in bug #940453. I'd like to reintroduce the -dev package
> as a build dependency, but am not too keen on reintroducing an actual
> binary package shipping the `toxiproxy` command (and its related
> service files, etc).

While reading #940453, I find shopify-sarama depends toxiproxy
previously (940453#15). But shopify-sarama is in testing. So I give another
check why the new version needs toxiproxy again.

It seems it's only used in tests. And I don't think these tests is runnable on buildd.
These tests need to setup a toxiproxy server... But luckily, they are guarded by a
non-default build tag, so you don't need to patch anything.

So it seems you don't need it at all?