Re: [RFS] golang-github-smallstep-certificates

Am 11.08.21 um 20:50 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
Last missing dependency for caddy:

Yay! \o/
Does that mean we will try packaage "the boss" now finally? :)

Yes :) I have created a repo at https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/caddy

https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-smallstep-certificates

Uploaded,

* Again, done same changes for test-only deps.

* Please check if we can drop B-D and Dependencies in this
one too - those which are not being used

I will look into that

* For now, I dropped Built-Using, because if some B-D is rejected, it
will keep reference of the orig tarball of that particular dependency,
and we will have to upload -2 version for that depend.
If a few are rejected, it creates enormous amount of mess
We will simply add it in the next source only upload.
I faced similar situation in upload of amfora[1] for instance

* Did you test that the binaries work as intended?

I have not tried every usecase/cli-flag of course but serves HTTPS on a specified port.

Can you write an autopkgtest for those?

Yes I would like to do that at some point.
For my local test I installed the step cli binary (smallstep/cli) which is the counterpart to smallstep/certificates. step cli provides the keymaterial for step-ca to use for serving HTTPS. IMO it would be nice for CI not to have to pull additional programms from web as I read this might cause instability, and probably an autopkgtest should be written as such that it works for both step-cli and step-ca. So best would be to included the binary to golang-github-smallstep-cli (as discussed already[1] and write a unified test.

Another problem is that is that right now step-cli is not suited for non-interactive usage, but this is being worked on[1] and hopefully be resolved soon

Peymaneh

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-go/2021/07/msg00031.html
[2] https://github.com/smallstep/cli/issues/502