Re: [RFS] golang-google-grpc (new version)

Hi Shengjing,

Am 06.08.21 um 20:40 schrieb Shengjing Zhu:
At least the new version of golang-google-genproto has regression now,
which I believe is that the new version has pb.go files which are
generated by protobuf v2.

I did the update of golang-google-genproto
I am not sure if I understand what is going on, this whole grpc-thing is quite new to me.

The new version builds with golang-google-protobuf-dev 1.25.0 which provides the protobuf compiler plugin and is as far as I understood the v2 of protobuf and d/rules recompiles the pb.go files with `protoc --go_out=plugins=grpc` so IMO your assertion should be correct

Should the package be built differently than how I did? I saw that some grpc related packages on salsa purposely do not regenerate their pb.go files. Or is this regression caused by upstream API changes? Sorry if my changes cause trouble >_>

Peymaneh